-->
skip to main | skip to sidebar

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Is it just me?

A theatre not too far from where I live - it would be mean of me to name it - sends out a quarterly newsletter which includes a regular ad for pre-show dining at a nearby restaurant.

The ad always includes this proud image:


Now, I know there's an art to photographing food in a way that makes it appetising. In fact I once spent an afternoon discussing the subject with a London photographer who did exactly that for a living.

I don't know if it's just me...

But I think that if you want to bring in the diners, a dish that looks like genitalia modelled out of bowel movements probably isn't the way to go.

4 comments:

Paul M. Cray said...

It looks quite appetising to me, although I suspect that with a little forethought they could have arranged the food in a less potentially provocative way.

Stephen Gallagher said...

Way to go, phal boy...

Gail Renard said...

Was it accompanying a Ray Cooney farce?

Stephen Gallagher said...

I reckon the dish would make a perfect prop for a certain scene in Alfred Jarry's Ubu Roi.