-->
skip to main | skip to sidebar

Monday 8 December 2008

Widget, I've got a Widget...

You may notice that over in the right-hand column there's an Eleventh Hour widget. Anyone can download it from the CBS site's Eleventh Hour pages, and it delivers a daily factoid to your website or blog.

A couple of days ago I learned from it that every time we sneeze, some of our braincells die.

There I was, imagining that the feeling of relief and well-being following a sneeze was related to some kind of endorphin rush.

When in fact, I'm just taking one step closer to a lobotomy.

4 comments:

Jason Arnopp said...

Jesus. 650,000 hours in a long human life, sneezes destroying the brain... what will become of us, Lord Gallagher?

Stephen Gallagher said...

We shall all go to hell in a handcart, Sir Jason. Or else turn into those fat people in Wall-E.

Which I watched last night and was struck by the fact that the main inspiration for its 'world' seemed to be the Disney Star Tours ride... right down to the disembarkation where everyone came blinking out of those parallel doors.

Stephen Gallagher said...

After a dodgy entry, I've gone done and taken the widget down.

Stephen Gallagher said...

Actually, what I meant was 'done gone and taken it down'.

This grammar stuff. So hard to get it right.